Managing Trouble Tickets
You, as main admin, or your support technicians may need to create your own TTs. For instance, if a customer TT contains several different questions and should be assigned to different support technicians, you can divide it and make each question go to a separate TT.
To create a new ticket, go to Support tickets - > Make a New Ticket. Fill in the form.
To view and process existing tickets, click the name in the list of My Assigned Tickets or New Unassigned Tickets. The ticket will look as follows:
Editing ticket can be done in the Ticket Info section.
- Assigned to: change Tech Support Assistant the ticket is assigned to. When assigned to "nobody", it means it's not picked up by any of tech support admins.
- The Status of resolving the ticket. Setting "Resolved" or "Closed" states will remove the ticket from the list.
- The Queue the ticket belongs to.
- The Priority of resolving this ticket from '0' to 100% by entering new priority level.
The Change User icon allows to change the ticket owner: the account this ticket is tied to. Simply find this user through search and click Choose User.
The Edit Ticket Details icon allows to change the ticket title and email.
To answer a ticket, it must be assigned or picked up and TT Admin Info must be entered in Settings -> My Profile.
You can also add Attachment and a Note to your ticket
To spellcheck your answer, click the spellcheck link under the message field. Pop-up window shows with misspelled words, if any, being underlined:
Point your mouse to a misspelled word and a number of suggestions shows. Choose the correct variant and click Done.
To assign ticket, choose the TT Admin from the Assign To drop down box, change Priority and Status, if necessary and click the Change button.
Select the Sticky option if you want the ticket to remain assigned to the same tech support admin in case of client's reply. If Sticky is not set, the ticket with customer's reply appears as "not assigned".
To assign yourself a TT, click the Pick Up link on the right to the TT's title. Assigned TT moves to the My Assigned Tickets section.
Releasing TTs in H-Sphere terms is removing your TT ownership. Released TTs return to the New Unassigned Tickets section and can be picked up again. To release an assigned ticket back to a main queue, click the Release This Ticket link in the rightside menu of the ticket.
Close a ticket if you've answered it and don't need it any further. To do it, click the Close This Ticket link in the rightside menu.
Closed trouble tickets are regarded as deleted and are not available for your viewing, but remain in the TT database and remain open in the user's interface until the user closes it. In case the user decides to post a follow-up message on the same issue, the TT will show up on the interface in the Other Open Support Tickets section. You may access closed TTs through the Search option.
You can have your trouble tickets closed automatically after they have been answered. You can choose whether you want them to close immediately after they are answered (the default H-Sphere option) or close after a certain number of days after they are answered:
- In TechSupport Admin CP, select Tech Support in the Settings menu.
- Enter the number of days when your tickets are to be closed.
Tickets can also remain in open status. If you want all answered tickets to remain open in the system, enter -1 in the field, as shown on the image below:
Deleting trouble tickets will remove TT permanently, unlike with closing trouble tickets which remain in the database, and you can always retrieve them with the Search Tickets utility.
To remove multiple TTs permanently:
- Find necessary tickets with the Search Tickets utility.
- Click Mass Action link at the bottom of the page.
- In the Action field, select Delete from the drop-down box.
- Click Submit and tickets will be removed permanently.
Merging tickets is necessary when you get two and more tickets from the same customer on the same issue.
To merge tickets:
- Click Merge this Ticket link in the rightside menu.
- Find the ticket to be merged with via the Search utility.
- On the result page that shows, against the target ticket click Merge With This Ticket link:
Merging tickets will cause the original ticket to be deleted.